I can’t believe we are down to less than two weeks in the good ol’ state of Virginia! We have spent 12 years here, 6 in Williamsburg, 6 in Richmond. We have had 2 kids in each place. We have so many fun memories (and a few not so good ones) and I’ve spent a lot of time lately relishing what we have.
So here are a few things I will miss about the “South”…
- sweet tea
- warm days… all year long…
- southern drawls
- flowers blooming in February
- grits (yeah, that’s right. even if i swore i would never eat them, i ended up loving them.)
- seafood that doesn’t come from Red Lobster
- Trader Joe’s (yes, i realize that’s not southern… but it’s here and not where i’m going!)
- sweet old men, with their southern accents, being gentlemen
- did i mention, FRIENDS??!!
Things I won’t miss…
- mosquitoes all year long
- spiders and bugs in my house
- caring where I am in relation to the Mason-Dixon line 😉
Things I have to look forward to…
- living close to my sisters
- my kids being close to their cousins- and for me getting to be close to my nieces and nephews!
- seeing old friends, making new ones
- walking to the library, ice skating rink, pizza joint (when it’s not freakin’ freezing outside, of course- that month will be LOVELY!)
- having beautiful, rolling hills, right outside my door
- being near the Finger Lakes… the wineries there don’t hurt either!
- did i mention the pizza?? the BEST pizza in the world!
- Soulful Cup coffee
- did I mention my SISTERS??!!
I just noticed how many things on both lists have to do with food… yeah. There’s no surprise there!
I can’t decide whether to be sad or happy… probably because I am both, all the time. I have had 12 amazing years, filled with many amazing friends and experiences. Virginia will always have a special place in my heart. But soon I’ll be going home!